When it’s thundering and lightning and you can’t go paddling you could always go shopping for some paddler art. This art is created for the paddler to enjoy off the water. You can find these spark plug paddle sculptures at Just Act Natural in Downtown Appleton.
Canoe guys – $55 at Just Act Natural in Downtown Appleton.
Kayak guy – $55 at Just Act Natural in Downtown Appleton.
Spark Plug Guys are created by Dick Cooley from West Bend, WI. Dick creates whimsical sculptures from scrap metal. A spark plug is the common component in all of his work.
Do you like to play in the waves? We don’t get a lot of huge waves in Wisconsin but you can find some waves in Lake Michigan. P & H has a new sea kayak play boat called the Delphin.
Here’s a list of the key features from the P & H website.
- Rocker- Super maneuverability when surfing and prevents purling.
- Quick resurfacing bow- Splits and sheds water preventing nose burying on steep waves and helps punch through waves on the way through surf.
- Hard chines in the bow, soft chines in the stern. Fast pick up on the wave and forgiving for beginners and when surfing.
- Flat mid-section hull- The most manoeuvrable sea kayak on the market, spins like a white water kayak to get you out of those sticky situations like crossing fast flowing races.
- Low back deck and cockpit- Easy to roll when the wave wins.
- Squared off stern- Increases water length, speed and tracking.
- Rear weighting- Creates a long water line when paddling on flat water for speed and tracking.
- Large rear and fore hatch- Lots of day tripping storage.
- Mini hatch- Access your essential gear on the move.
P & H Delphin Demo Video
Does the P & H Delphin look like a boat you would like to use to surf Wisconsin’s waves? Do you have any favorite Wisconsin kayak surfing spots?
Current Designs has introduced a new seating system for their recreational line of kayaks. Here’s the scoop from Current Designs.
You asked, we listened! New for 2011 we introduce the “Revolution Seating System”
This one-of-a-kind rotating axis seat gives unmatched full contact under-leg support. Quickly adjustable with a lever-lock system, you can customize the seats position for your personal paddling style and comfort level.
Contoured plush foam padding cover the bottom and sides of the seat allowing for hours of luxurious paddling comfort. The Revolution Seating System comes paired with our Dimension Adjustable Seat back, a fully articulating and height/angle adjustable back rest. This dynamic combination creates the most comfortable and ergonomically functional seating system ever seen inside a kayaks cockpit.
The Revolution Seating System comes standard in all Kestrel’s, Vision’s, and the 2011 edition Whistler.
Current Designs made a video to demo this seat.
I currently own a 2005 model CD Storm and 2007 or 08 model CD Squall. These are larger touring kayaks. I’ve found the more basic seats in these touring kayaks to be very comfortable. I paddle both boats for hours at a time.
What do you think of the new Revolution Seating System?